Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Project 2 - Video Lock

So while I was editing, I noticed things I hadn't noticed while we were shooting. A few significant errors were a sound issue, lighting issue, and placement error. At one point the sound goes out completely for several takes, then abruptly comes back in (I'm almost completely certain we didn't change anything in between). Hopefully, I can get the chance to fix this error when I sound edit later. Another issue was lighting. At one point in a scene (which was also in the no sound range) was lit drastically different. I suppose the lesson is that even a light that does not light an area directly can still affect it if its taken away (especially in the case of a colored light). One last error to note is that there was a scene where my arm and the top of Ashley's head were in the mirror of the shot. We had intentionally attempted to hide in a place we thought we couldn't be seen. Lesson learned - multi directional mirrors are bad, bad, bad!

Otherwise, the edit went smoothly. There were a few rocky moments, but for our first real film, I'm very pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment